Saturday

My One-Month Boyfriend

My one month boyfriend will be like my other one-month boyfriends, only he will know his title. Knowing this, he will take me on the the trips we plan within a week. He will talk about important matters with the urgency that comes with a solid time table. My OMB understands that there will be much passion in that month, and he will make love to me as though every time were his last...because in a month, it will be. We won't waste time getting to know about each other's families. We don't care about those peculiarities which will irritate in the long-run, we're only in this for four weeks. We won't interview each other to see about the other's fitness for marriage, how much our friends will like each other, where we want to be in twenty years, how many boys or girls each wants, what kind of genes the other will pass on, or how much income we can expect to bring in. My one-month boyfriend will not care about dating anyone else; we only have thirty days with one another, the others can wait. My one-month boyfriend and I will not have "The Talk."

I want a one-month boyfriend. He'll last as long as the rest, but he'll know his expiration date at the outset.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger ttractor said...

I bet if you advertised for it, you could get just exactly that. In the meantime, I'm sorry for your loss?

5:47 AM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:40 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Aie, I keep trying to write about it and not finding the time. Maybe this week. In the meantime, I don't mind saying that I am loving the man, but the city can go choke on itself.

2:30 AM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

hmm, don't know why my reply didn't post; anyway, glad you are lovin' it up, hope to read about it soon, and sorry you hate SF...surprised, too!

mysteries.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that two...to go please.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It can be awfully lonely, being on the outside looking in. And as for your fear of 'getting comfortable', committing - Have you ever stood on the side of the pool, thinking to yourself "Man that water's going to be cold" and you hesitated to jump in for fear of the shock to your system? But you got up the courage and jumped in and it wasn't so bad - the jumping in - and once in, you didn't want to get out?

That's what it's like, committing.

3:54 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

Yes, but everyone has to get out of the pool eventually...and the longer you're in, the the colder it's getting outside.

7:17 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

Oh, and VV: When they finally take my order, I'll tell them to make it a double.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home