Sunday

Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing

Sometimes it's better.

A suggestion by B-Baltimore, I now blog on covers better than the original.

So far, I have:

aerosmith--the beatles song they covered whose title is slipping my mind right now...

"Come Together." or something like that.

Lauren Hill--Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly"

Fugees--Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry"

Lauryn Hill--Bob Marley's "Turn Your Love Light Low"

RunDMC--(with) Aerosmith's "Walk This Way"

Guns 'N Roses--Bob Dylan's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

Peggy Lee--Little Willie John's "Fever"

Aretha Franklin--Otis Redding's "Respect"

Sinead O'Connor---Prince's "Nothing Compares to You"

Sublime--Gerwhin(?)'s "Summertime"


But please....share with us your thoughts, Reader.

Oh, and if any of you say "Jolene" by the White Stripes, I'll punch you in the neck. Otherwise, we're good.

(And make sure to check out B-Baltimore's blog...I think he might give us a little sumpin' sumpin', too...)

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Oooh---_Drag_, by KD Lang. The whole album is covers, but the winner for me is "Don't smoke in bed". The reference version is by Nin~a Simone, which is basically just her on the piano. KD turns it into a fully orchestrated thing. Lush, as they say.

You get to pick which production is better, but for me, the measure is how creeped out I get listening to it, and KD's strings really give me that queasy feeling.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home