Thursday

You Are Every Day People.

He shuffled toward me, his whole person uncommonly common--no mean feat. I'm sure every feature on his face was the genetic average of the entire human population.I was wearing my generic, all-purpose smile. it's about 1/4 of a full smile, but still tips the scales in the friendly direction--i don't want any fistfights, you see. I cast my eyes onto his face, and was struck by his complete and utter normalcy...I moved my smile up to a 1/3--more as an excuse to let my eyes linger on his face than to suggest--. He looked startled. As though his clothes were made of magic threads--a cotton/poly blend--which had rendered him invisible--but my fractioned smile and observant eyes had stripped him. Exposed him for the first time in possibly four years. I'd describe his actual face to you now, but five minutes fresh, it has already faded into a blur with those startled brown eyes... or perhaps a blur is all he really is

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home