Thursday

Wow.

I'm finally going through the box of 45's my mother gave me from her childhood. I'm moving, so I'm sniffing out crap that I can sell in the collective yard sale this weekend...But lo and behold, this box is full of surprises--surprises I won't sell.

Who would have guessed that my backhills, Southern belle mother listened to David Bowie? I now know she spun "Man Who Sold the World/Space Oddity", lots of Peggy Lee and Nat King Cole, Jimi Hendrix--my mind has been thoroughly boggled today.

I seriously thought this woman only knew Simon and Garfunkle, and a the entire catalogue of Protestant hymns.

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this. And am thrilled beyond words.

1 Comments:

Blogger brum said...

i like your bike. the lugwork is lovely. (that is a good way to make friends, talking about lugs, felix is welded-- that's why i don't have friends.)
it is no wonder the bikeshop boys wanted to buy it off you. makes me miss my roadbike which is lonely and in colchester.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home