Monday

Listing Myself

1. I am fond of numbered lists
2. I have been the 'new kid', the outsider, so many times that I would probably feel uncomfortable if I were to belong
3. Despite all the talk about pride in my intelligence, my accomplishments, my artistic talents, I would probably be willing to trade it all to believe I was beautiful for one whole day.
4. Some days I see so much beauty around me I burst, and tears just stream out
5. Other days I march through time completely unaware of all that surround me
6. I cannot stand orange juice with pulp
7. I desperately wish #6 counted as a quirk as I feel I'm lacking in that area
8. My frequent laughter is often misunderstood
9. I used to be embarrassed about all of my scars; now I wear them with fierce pride
10. I stopped shopping in thrift stores because it saddened me that people had paid full price for so much at one point in their lives, and then threw it away knowing it would be sold for a dollar.
11. I like owning books more than I like reading them; I like libraries more than I like bookstores
12. I need to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home